Thursday 12 April 2012

The Antoinette III and the last

This is my latest and also the last version of Antoinette I am sewing. For those who know me and my blog a bit, the fabric choice won't surprise you.
I sewed this version in the original fabric I had planned Antoinette to be sewn on from day one. I love how it turned out. This is also the version I used to take in progress photos for the pattern instructions. I opted to encase the sleeve raw edges in black bias binding and quite like the result.
I used the multisize pattern to make this version, instead of my personal pattern. I've cut a size 8 at bust and hips but had to taper to a 10 at waist. Again, this is because the grading was not done according to my measurements. The fit turned out fine, although it does run small all round and it's quite close fitted.
I have Saturday 14th April marked as the release date and plan on having supporting fit posts to help you choose your best size and make a dress that fits and you love.

12 comments:

  1. It's a great dress and I am very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great Suzy, well done and I'm really excited to see more

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's such a cool dress Suzy (and I love the composition of your photos)!!! I'm so sorry I wasn't able to pattern test it for you, but I would love to try my hand at it one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Different and very stylish! And great pics too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Suzy! The fabric is such a great touch. It adds a bit of playfulness to a sophisticated look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, yes, I like it. And I'm looking forward to getting the pattern. I will put 14th in my diary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, it looks fantastic and very much you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is beautiful - maybe my favorite version yet! Can't wait to see what other people come up with after the release. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's lovely! I actually really like the close fit - it is super super flattering on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so pretty. It's really such a lovely style. I think it's really cool you are making patterns now! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous version! I love that last shot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great fabric choice! As per usual it looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...