The fabric is lush! It feels so comfortable and warm against the skin making it perfect for winter. It's also crease resistant, which is always a bonus. I have some train holidays booked for later this winter so this will be a perfect travel dress.
Good construction points includes the fabric itself. It doesn't ravel at all which is brilliant. I used a universal needle as I don't have any ball points and found it not to be a problem. I understand the latter is better so will stock some for the next time.
I decided not to make a muslin/ toile as it would be a bit silly to use a non-stretch fabric to test a stretch fabric. I also deviated from the pattern instructions asking for a 22" zipper. I estimated the knit to have enough stretch to not put a zip at all. And it worked, as you can see from the photo below. (Apologies for the strange photo. I swear it's my back. I think the back collar makes it look like it's backwards.)
The fit was interesting. I've cut the size 8 and it's definitely a tad big on me. After constructing the bodice I decided to take in 1/4" from side seams. That made it better (not perfect). The skirt includes darts at back and pleats at front but was way to large on me. I took a good 2" off side seams and fits much better (again, not perfect). I also shortened the length.
Other issues that made me sweat was marking the pleats in fabric. Nothing (other than good old thread) seems to stay! Pressing seams open was also difficult especially because of the amount of bulk i.e. neckline.
I'll probably make this dress again (or a different view from same pattern) but will aim for a snugger fit.