Sunday 26 June 2011

Brighton Me-Made-June Meetup

I didn't take part of Me-Made-June just because I don't think I have enough me made clothes I could wear to work, however when Zoe announced a meetup to celebrate Me-Made-June in which everyone would be able to attend I couldn't say no. And let me tell you, what a brilliant time I had! I had been itching to meet in real life other sewing bloggers, especially as I was unable to get to the Walthamstow Shopping Frenzy or the Goldhawk Road Fabric Fandango. I met gorgeous and talented sewists and we had a great time together.
Zoe prepared the lovely map underneath to guide us through the day and Claire was kind enough to print enough copies for everyone. We were divided into 2 groups, as most shops are way too small for a large group. And led by Stevie, my group went along.The tour involved 3 fabric shops, including the eye-watering Ditto Fabrics, and a street market, where we lusted after old and used haberdashery. The tour finished at the pub, where food, drink and much merriness was in store.
After much needed food we shared our buys.
And then we had fun swapping fabric!
The bottom right pile is what I swapped for a gorgeous blue gingham, possible destined to be a wiggle type dress, and a oh-so-soft stripy fabric. I also bought some fabric, but I'll share that in another post as this one is already going long.
What a fantastic day, we need to do this more often!

12 comments:

  1. It was great to meet, you Suzy! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw looks like you had a fab day. I'm gutted I couldn't make it, I would have loved to have met up with you, maybe next time eh? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how marvellous!! Everyone looks so chic and the treasure trove of fabric and goodies is drool-worthy!

    Feeling a bit lonely here in Canada...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gill - Ditto Fabrics26 June 2011 at 19:08

    It was such fun when you were in the shop and how great to have a bunch of people so passionate about sewing and fabric. It seems like you had a fabulous day!Happy Sewing and look forward to meeting you all again. Gill - Ditto Fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I wish I didn't have the Irish Sea in the way of all these meet-ups - I'm so envious of you all!! Looks like you had such a lovely time, and bagged lots of gorgeous goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzy, Do you have that list of blogs photo? I was thinking about it today and there was a couple I didn't know about. If you could email it to me that would be great. My email is beebeesvintagedress@hotmail.co.uk
    I had a great day too! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzy - it was lovely to finally meet you in person on Saturday! Thanks for the shop-tip re: the pattern cutting board I will check out
    Sewdirect.com as you suggested :)

    I hope your poor toes feel better - too many hills weren't very walking friendly, but your new black shoes you got were a great find!

    (@Stevie - I've just emailed the list to you)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Was great meeting you Suzy, loved your dress so much. Can't wait to see what you do with the fabric you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooooo lovely to meet your gorgeous self! I hope next time I get to chat with you more. Your creations are stunning and I look forward to our next meetup!

    Zoe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was a fantastic time, thank you all for your comments!
    Jane: definitely next time :)
    Stevie: hope you have the list now, I emailed it yesterday. Let me know if you didn't.
    Zoe: Also look forward to chatting more next time and thank you.
    Claire: Great meeting you too. Look out for Super Board on the site.

    I have more photos of the day, maybe I should create a flickr folder and chuck them all in there?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like such a great time, it makes me think we knitters should go on an adventure one day as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...