Wednesday 29 June 2011

Recent Fabric Acquisitions

So what did I buy and what did I swap last Saturday in Brighton? And also important, what do I plan to do with it?
From Ditto Fabrics I got 2 meters of this gorgeous printed cotton. Look at it, it's so gorgeous I am sure I will suffer from anxiety when cutting time comes. My initial idea was to do a shirt or maybe a skirt but still unsure. Suggestions?
For quite some time I have been looking for a light weight camouflage. I found it in Brighton and snapped 4 meters of it. Also unsure of what to do but have some rough ideas. Not prepared to share them yet though.
That was all of my buys but the excitement isn't over as I also swapped some not-really-me fabrics for some I look forward to use.
This gingham is adorable and should be just right for a wiggle type dress. I have already cut the pattern for this.
Next is this ultra soft striped fabric which will hopefully turn itself into a blouse. I have also already cut the pattern pieces for this.
And Zoe snapped this gorgeous anchor tape from the market and shared one meter of each with me. Thank you so much! Several ideas in my head but haven't decided which one to do.
So what do you think of my acquisitions? And what would you do with them?

9 comments:

  1. I think a shirt for the first fabric. Now that will be one seriously cool shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a shirt with the first fabric, but it must be sleeveless so your tattoos match! Love the gingham fabric, can't wait to see what you make with it. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the 1st fabric and its caling for a dress !!! something really romantic shape... will look so good as a contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wiggle dress for sure for the first fabric. Can't wait to see what you decide to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fabrics, seems like you had a great day! I quite fancy the top fabric as a full circle skirt with lace trim at the bottom, a juxtaposition of the fabric print and a girlie look ;o) A shirt would be pretty cool too though, or even a 50s style shirtwaist dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful! Love the tape!! That's going to be fun making something with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Camo fabric? I'm intrigued! The first fabric would definitely make a rockin' shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gah!! Love love the sacred heart fabric!! I'm thinking a strappy sundress. The anchor tape is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for your suggestions!

    Liza Jane: yes, camo fabric. It even intrigues me. The fact is that it reminds me of my teenage years. There was some camo outfits around, not the cargo pants type, more like little dresses and such.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...